Used acti freeze for warts on hand, but no result. Using tea tree oil for wart on cheek. Suggest?

Hi. I used a product that was recommended by the doctor which is acti freeze. after 14 days the warts should be gone but they are still there on my hand. And I also have another four small warts on my cheek but I didn't use acti freeze on my face. I was using tea tree oil. is it good for warts?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 23 minutes later

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

Now your problem is that of warts over hand as well as the face.
You have used acti freeze once over the hand warts.
Since skin over hands tend to be hypertrophic and thick due to the development of warts, sometimes one needs to repeat the treatment upto 3 - 4 times with a two weekly gap for complete relief.
Proper method of application is also very important.
It is advisable to soften the surface by gently filling with the preparatory skin file provided prior to treatment. This will help the freezing solution to penetrate more effectively. Softening the skin by soaking in warm water for 5 minutes prior to treatment can also improve the efficiency of the freezing solution.
So you can repeat the application of acti freeze over the affected area.

Now as far as the facial warts are concerned, acti freeze should be avoided over face as there are chances of scarring and pigmentation over the face.
Application of tea tree oil is a known home remedy for it but it does take a longer time. Repeated application many times a day for many weeks to months together is required in most cases.

So you can continue with the above treatment for complete treatment of the lesions.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Geetika Paul