Used a penis pump, not circumcised, penis swollen, Will it go down?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I used a penis pump this afternoon for the first time. I have ED and I read about this from the mayo clinic and I thought it was safe. I am not circumsized and my penis is swelled up on one side. Will the swelling go down on its own. I 67 and embarrsed.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Penis pump uses vacuum to draw the blood into the penis causing engorgement of penis and thus erection. Use of excessive pressure might cause a vascular damage which can result in the swelling like you are having.

Minor swelling usually happens due to rough handling and subsides on its own. If the swelling is not painful and is of the same color as the overlying skin then possibly it is just a subcutaneous swelling and will subside on its own.

If there are any skin color changes then you must consult your physician to rule out hematoma. Doing a cold compress will help in reducing the swelling size.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.