Used OTC for yeast infection. Have dry patches and flaky skin under pubic hair. Concerned

Question
I had what appears to be a yeast infection (diagnosed). Used prescription cream. A month later it had cleared from inner thighs but my skin under pubic hair had dry patches and very flaky skin. I started using OTC anti fungi spray to all areas and now my scrotom is scaly on one side and is extremely dry and hurts a bit. Another reason I started using the spray is I had some places just above and beside pubic hair that were dry and seemed not to get back to normal. They were dry and white looking. I've been treating this for months now. Any help? Thanks
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

You are having yeast infection which probably has spreads to adjacent areas. The reason for that can be the moist undergarments or excessive sweating and poor hygienic conditions.

Try to improve the hygienic conditions, frequently change undergarments and try to use dry underwear. Shave the genital hears and ask your doctor for systemic anti-fungal drug instead of topical one - the topical one seems not optimally effective.

Hope this helps. If you still have some query, feel free to ask.