Used MTP kit for abortion, had bleeding for more than a week. Is abortion successful & when will get menstrual cycle?

Question
hi. i have used Mtp kit on 26th feb n bleeding started on 27th n lasted for 10 days. how can i make sure that my abortion is successful? when will i get in my menstrual cycle..?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
In medical abortion protocol patient is advised to have ultrasound scan 2 weeks after the intake of first medicine to make sure that abortion is complete. You should have ultrasound to confirm the completeness of abortion. Regarding forthcoming menses, after medical abortion pill, your period may be delayed by week or so. To avoid pregnancy in this period use condom.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Used MTP kit for abortion, had bleeding for more than a week. Is abortion successful & when will get menstrual cycle? 26 hours later
Dear Ms Sahu,

Thank u for your revert. I was tensed for my confirmation of abortion so ive checked with preganews for which the result was -ve. Further advice from you will b helpful.

Thanks.

As mentioned earlier, USG is used for confirmation of completeness of abortion. Also take iron tablets so that your haemoglobin do not go down.

Follow-up: Used MTP kit for abortion, had bleeding for more than a week. Is abortion successful & when will get menstrual cycle? 17 hours later
Can we take kesar to start the menses... as I have taken twice n the menses started the next day.

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 3 hours later
Wait for your period to come naturally. Regarding kesar you can have it at your own risk as I have never recommended anyone to take it.

Best wishes