Ask a Urologist   »  

Use methamphetamines ocassionally. Noticed blood. Had protected sex. What can this be?

General Surgeon
Hi I use methamphetamines ocassionally, here and there and I woke up today with the urge to pee I've been off and on the toilet for going on 3 hrs, mostly on straining to pee, and occasionally a little comes out followed by a small blood lot type thing that hurts coming out. What could this be I use protection durning sex and I am really afraid to go in the the doctor due to my recent drug use (I am planning on quit in very soon.) and only have been doing it for about a month and a half
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are characteristic for urinary tract infection (urethra or bladder most likely). Frequent urinating, burning while urinating, blood in urine, lower abdominal pain can be present with this condition. Meth usage has rather nothing to do with it.
Do not be afraid to visit your doctor. He will only make regular urine analysis which wont detect Meth in urine. So no need to worry about it. And urine analysis is necessary to confirm this diagnose and to prescribe antibiotic.

You should also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Use methamphetamines ocassionally. Noticed blood. Had protected sex. What can this be? 34 minutes later
Hi if the symptoms of a uti go away pee is able to flow should I still go see a doctor.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Most of uti are mild and doctors attention is not extremely necessary. So you can try to treat it at home if you are really do not wont to visit a doctor.