Use kolonopin. Suggest newer drugs in the benziapines that helps anxiety and panic attacks?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
what are some of the newer drugs in the benziapines that help anxiety and panic attacks. I use kolonopin but read there are newer drugs in this class that may work for me. thank you.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Anxiety and Stress

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 16 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

Kolonopin contains clonazepam which is very good anti anxiety agents.

There are newer molecules like etizolam which is considered as non sedative anxiety reducing agents. usual dose of it ranges from 0.5mg to 4 mg.

Other agent is buspiron which is also non sedative anti anxiety agents. Dose range is 10-30mg per day.

These drugs are having less addictive property as compare to benzodiazepines.

There are some anti depressant agents like peroxetine or sertraline which is also very helpful in controlling panic attack.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Use kolonopin. Suggest newer drugs in the benziapines that helps anxiety and panic attacks? 3 hours later
Thank you. I XXXXXXX t get sedated from the klonopin, but it does help me sleep if I wake in middle of night panicky. I XXXXXXX t even use them daily unless I can t control my anxiety with yoga or deep breathing exercising. Your answer was helpful as I can discuss this easier with my practionior. Thank you very much. have a nice day. oh I wonder if the newer first drug you mentioned is expensive ad the VA hospital in general uses cheaper drugs. thanks

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 28 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me.

It is good to hear you have no sedation with clonazepam.

It is advisable to take medication regularly under guidance of qualified psychiatrist who may advise proper line of management.

In U.S there is possibility that generic version of these drugs may not be available so it may be expensive.

You may discuss with your psychiatrist for the same.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.

If you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.