Us report showed no fetal heart rate during 6 weeks. What does it mean?
User rating for this question
Hi my LMP was 15/09/2013. Was on follicular monitoring. The follicle was 12 mm on 13th day. Missed period. Positive pregnancy. On 7/11/2013 started light bleeding. TVS U/S showed fetal pole and CRL of 3.7 mm. The U/s measured 6w0d. Doctor asked to wait for 10 days. Today (12/11/2013) bleeding again. TVS U/S showed CRL of 6 mm. Today also the U/s measures 6w1d. Still no heartbeat. Please advise. Is my technician not competent? Pregnant after trying for 4 years.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Missed abortion? Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The scan report says that there is no cardiac activity at present. There should be presence of fetal cardiac activity by 6-7 weeks. By now, in your case, it should have been there. The bleeding is not a good sign. You can wait another week, and repeat the scan. If there is no heart beat by then, then you may have had a missed abortion. In that case, termination is recommended. Your fasting levels are high. Regards.
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of pregnancy induced hypertension
- Diagnosis of habitual abortion
- 14 week fetal heart rate
- Huntingtons chorea and alcohol
- Diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome
- Fetal heart rate 200 bpm at 12 weeks
- Diagnosis of placenta previa
- Fetal heart rate at 7 weeks
- Diagnosis of pregnancy
- Cifran ct side effects with alcohol
- Alcohol on chymoral forte tablet use
- Fetal heart rate during contractions
- Alcohol consumption in chickenpox
- Alcohol consumption and chills
- Fetal heart rate at 13 weeks