Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine yellow in color in morning. After drinking water the urine color is normal. What can this be?

Every morning my urine color is yellow but after drinking water it was normal in color. but after 5-6hrs it gain yellow. suggest me the cause.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 8 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

The yellow colour of the urine may suggest low water intake by you or presence of bile pigments. Because of dehydration it becomes high in osmolarity and turns yellowish.

My advise to you is as follows:

1. Take adequate fluid intake at least 3 - 4 liters of water or other fluids in a day.

2. Get a urine analysis done to find a cause.May also go for urine culture and sensitivity if urine analysis is positive for infection.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee