Urine test +ve and blood test -ve for pregnancy, light bleeding, felt bubbles in tummy, bloated stomach

Question
hi, 36 years old....5'3...70kg....i tested early b4 period due with urine being pos and blood being neg......both early be period due.....had light bleedg like 1st day period but less.....then spotg to light brown when wipe.....felt bubbles like in tummy....tummy bloated and getg bigger...am not over eatg as well
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 47 minutes later
Hi ,

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) The urine is being Positive and Blood is being Negative for What? Are you talking about Pregnancy?
2.) Are your periods regular?
3.) When was the last time you had Unprotected sex?
4.) When was your Last Menstrual Period?

Your History suggests you have had Implantation Bleeding, which is bleeding that occurs 10 to 14 days after conception, when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus. This bleeding at this point in pregnancy is relatively common and absolutely normal.

Kindly repeat your Urine Pregnancy test using a early morning First urine sample of the day to confirm pregnancy. If it comes positive once again, you should be seeing a Gynecologist at the earliest so that he/she may examine you and confirm it. Once confirmed, you will be guided further. If it is negative, your doctor will try to rule out other causes for your missed periods.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Very Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Urine test +ve and blood test -ve for pregnancy, light bleeding, felt bubbles in tummy, bloated stomach 1 hour later
yes i am talking about pregnancy...yes my periods are regular..always 30 or less days.....my last period was sept 25......the last time i had unprotecd sex was around oct 9th......now what is the bubble feeling in my tummy.....but i thought blood test are accurate.....why is the blood test negative...both test were done b4 my due date........and today itself i did a test again..it came up negative....i am 4 days late....my around the time i bleed is the time i would have got my periods.....when is the best time to do the test...how many days after.....my tummy is bloated and feels big...and breasts are sore once in while....plz tell me the bubble feeling....or am i getg my hopes up again....when i did the test today..i was slightly bleedg..does this affect the urine test...should i wait for 1 more week....my back left hand side is aching....

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 29 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back to me.

The Bloating sensation could be due to Gastritis, that is not the issue and not a cause for concern, Kindly stop worrying about that.

The ideal time to test for Pregnancy is one week after you miss your expected periods, using a early morning first urine sample of the day. Hope you are not on any HCG (Human chorionic gonadotrophin) injections. If the urine test is positive, this is enough to confirm Pregnancy.

Since you periods are regular and you have had sex on October 9th, which is the 14th day of your cycle, this is the best time to have sex in order to conceive. Your History also suggests pregnancy.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she may do a Ultrasound scan and confirm it.

All the Best.

wishing you good health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Urine test +ve and blood test -ve for pregnancy, light bleeding, felt bubbles in tummy, bloated stomach 17 minutes later
thanks so much doc.....for ur help....and advice...but i testd today while i was bleedg slighty and it came up negative.......does the bleedg make a difference....i am not on any injecttions doc.....i have never had gastrits....wht about the bubble like feelg i get.....sorry to be a hassle...but havg a doc online is so darn helpful...just plz answer testg while bleedg..does it make a difference....i think this is my 2nd followup question...only have 2....so wht else can i ask u while i am here...???lol....doing the blood test early as well b4 due date....is tht a no no as well....the doc did say it was to early but he did it anyway.....i hope i can ask u more.....next time..thanks so much docfor ur quick reply

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you once again for writing back to me.

I will always be available to answer your follow up queries, Kindly don't worry about that.

The Bleeding does makes a difference for detecting the urine Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Hormone (HCG) to confirm Pregnancy. As I said earlier, The ideal time to test for Pregnancy is one week after you miss your expected periods, using a early morning first urine sample of the day.

The Bleeding and Bloating (Bubble like feeling, according to you) are the signs of Pregnancy. There should not be any bleeding or blood while you are testing your urine for pregnancy.

All the Best.

Wish you good health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.