Urine test shows pus cells. Indication of chlamydia or gonorrhea infection? Clarify?

I had a unprotected sexual encounter on 19/3/13...I had a gonorrhea & chlamydia swab test on 20/3/13(which was quite early) and it came back negative...I had a urine analysis and culture ran on 10/4/13....culture came back as sterile and no pus cell....on 15/5/13 I started to see a discharge which was white in color...I rushed to the doctor and he told me that he suspected chlamydia or gonorrhea and ordered a PCR test for both on 18/5/13(took urethra swab) is still to come....he also ran a urine analysis which shows 3-5 pus it an indication of chlamydia or gonorrhea infection....can the symptoms appear almost 2 months later......I do not have much discharge....most of the times I have to squeeze to see the discharge....or when I wake up I see stains on the underwear...but one thing is clear that there is a discharge pain in urination etc....sometimes slight itching...
is it gonorrhea or chalmydia given my high risk unprotected encounter
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later
thanks for the query,

If i have understood you, your query is that you had unprotected intercourse and then develop urethral discharge about two months later and you were wondering if it could be Gonorrhea or Chlamydia infections.

Gonorrhea and chlamydia are both sexually transmissible bacterial infections with particularly severe complications. The clinical presentation of both infections are very much similar and present with painful urination and vaginal discharges. However, in a small proportion of individuals symptoms may be absent. Gonorrhea discharges are thick and yellowish whereas those of Chlamydia are less thick and white.

Gonorrhea takes an average of 2-14days for the incubation while Chlamydia's incubation ranges from a few days to months. With the appearance of your discharge two months ago, it is more likely that you are suffering from Chlamydia.
Discharges are not a normal finding and they indicate an infection.

For now, it is uncertain to give the diagnosis without doing a laboratory test.The most important laboratory test is an analysis of the discharge; a smear should be done with the discharge and then observed after staining under the microscope. A culture as well will be good to identify the causative agent which could be neither Gonorrhea nor Chlamydia which are the two germs you are incriminating.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards