Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine test showed positive for hydrocodone. Cause? Treatment?

Jul 2016

I had a urine test and tested positive for hydrocodone. I never took it? How would this happen

I do not know what you mean by health care magic ?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have done urine test and tested positive for Hydrocodone.

I shall be happy if you can post me whether you are taking any drugs (Pain Killer) as a pain management after surgeries on your leg ?

Majority of the drugs used for pain management contain some derivatives of Opioids which are basic constituents of Opiates. Hydrocodone is a end product of opiates excreted in urine.

Please d not worry itwill wanw away once you stop taking these medications.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you