Urine test showed mucous and blood with trace of leukocyte, esterase and protien. Have slight vaginal burning. Suggest?

Recent urine test showed that I had mucous in my urine and a trace of blood. My urine was clear and light XXXXXXX in color. Sample also had a trace of leukocyte esterase and protein. Only physical problem is a slight burning at vaginal opening which is why I went to the doctor in the first place. Doing research online, I found that mucous in the urine is a symptom of a type of bladder cancer. Being OCD, I am worried. Does this test result definitely mean cancer?
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding urinalysis

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

I must tell you that mucus in urine is not necessarily reflective of cancer. Very commonly we see this in the urine as incidental finding. i suspect in your case you might have a very mild symptoms.

I do not see any obvious evidence of cancer in your case. Sometimes we see a lot of blood in the urine and that is more worrisome for cancer. This is not the case for you.

Thank you again for sending your question. Please follow up with your primary care doctor as scheduled

Dr Galamaga