Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine test result report showing albumin, pus cells, epithelial cells, RBC. Report analysis?

Question
I HAVE UNDERGONE A URINE TEST . THE RESULT IS AS FOLLOWS:
ALBUMIN : TRACE
COLOUR : YELLOW
APPEARINCE: TURBID
SUGAR : NIL
&
MICROSCOPIC:
PUS CELLS 1-2 /HPF
EPI CELLS 0-1 / HPF
RBC 1-2 /HPF
A FEEL SONE PAIN & SWELLING IN LARGE & SMALL INTESTINE

PLEASE GIVE ME A CORRECT PICTURE OF THIS TEST AND ADVISE...
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

The urine test picture suggests that may be having some due to infection,renal calculi,cystitis etc.

You should also get an ultrasound to rule out these possibilities and get an urine culture done.If any specific infection is present,you need to start antibiotics.
Meanwhile,drink plenty of water.Avoid dehydration.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Urine test result report showing albumin, pus cells, epithelial cells, RBC. Report analysis? 17 hours later
no problem in urine culture ( report of 48 hours ) please suggest me the medicine.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Hello again,

You will need a course of antibiotics if you are still symptomatic.

If an ultrasound shows any pathology, then that should be treated accordingly.

Consult your local physician for the prescription of Antibiotics as these can be prescribed only after physical examination.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you speedy recovery.