Urine test positive for cocaine. On oxycodone and zipiclone. Advised for blood test. Suggest?

I have taken several urine tests and tested positive for cocaine. For over six months, I was using cocaine leaf tea from Bolivia and drinking the tea, perhaps 1/2 gallon per day. I am on oxycodone and zopiclone and keep testing positive, even though I stopped drinking the tea for about 1 month. I am a large woman and am afraid that I am and could be storing the byproducts of the cocaine in my system. My doctor asked for a blood test, but I'm thinking its going to be testing for the same byproducts as in the urine, so of course it will be positive. Long reasonably long can this stay in one's system?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
The routine tests used to detect cocaine in urine tends to detect cocaine as well as metabolites of cocaine of which benzoylecgonine is the commonest and the most notorious. Notorious cause it takes reasonably long time to get cleared.
Mostly it is said and reported that cocaine does get out of your body in 3-4 days but by practical experience, heavy users, as in your case, cocaine and its metabolites can come positive in urine for upto 12 weeks.
There are many factors on which this time frame depends, like sex, age, fats, hydration, metabolizing capacity etc.
In hair it may be detectable for more than a year.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.