Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine test indicates appearance is slightly turbid, leukocytes large and epithelial cells moderate. What does it mean?

Urine test yesterday results indicate appearance slightly turbid, leukocytes large, urine microscopic wbc too numerous to count, rbc 4-10 and epithelial cells moderate. What does all this mean??
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your lab results indicate wbc too numerous to count and rbc 4-10 and epithelial cells moderate indicate for urinary tract infection.

I would suggest to start treatment with ciprofloxacin 500 mg, thrice daily for up to 7 days; Mg and Zn citrate twice daily for 2 weeks; uva-ursi tea for 1 month.

After 1 month, can repeat the testing again for the improvement.

Epithelial cells presence indicates also about the vaginal infection. If you have vaginal discharge, I would recommend to test the vaginal swab in order to start the topical treatment (per vaginae).

I'd also recommend to drink plenty of water (up to 3 liters/day), avoid spicy, caffeine, fried or fatty foods.

Hope it helped! If you have any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact me!