Urine test, blood test, chest x-ray, eye test and ECG done. Are the findings normal?

Hi, My wife have undergone my annual health check up last week and got the reports. The following tests are done:
blood sugar(fasting and after food)
urine test(fasting and after food)
chest and abdomen x-ray
eye test
I am just mentioning the numbers where it says it is out of range(as I do not have the soft copy). Thanks for your suggestions
Platelet count 119
Mean platelet volume 12.2
CHOL/HDL ratio 2.5
glucose fasting plasma 100 (FYI, gluocose post prandial plasma 102, this is in normal range)

Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 23 hours later
Thanks for writing your query to us.

It would be better if you had arranged soft copy of the report or at least mention the complete report value with the units.

Your wife’s sugar levels are normal.

Platelet count 119 is little on the lower side. Normal platelet counts are in the range of 150,000 to 400,000 per microliter (or 150 - 400 x 109 per liter).

A normal measurement for mean platelet volume may be considered to be in the range of 5.0 – 15.0 femtoliters (one quadrillionth of a liter).So the Mean platelet volume is normal. A low platelet count could be due sampling error,like if the blood sample is clotted. So kindly repeat the platelet count again. Also low platelet count is usually associated with brusing on the skin check for that. If the repeat platelet count is low than workup needs to done to find out the cause for low platelet count. But presently don’t get panic just repeat the platelet count first.

Chol/HDL ratio of 2.5 – is ok. Cholesterol HDL Ratio is obtained by dividing your Total Cholesterol by your HDL Cholesterol. We should aim for lower value of cholesterol HDL Ratio. Higher the ratio, greater is the risk. In the same way, lower the ratio, lower is the risk for cardiovascular disease. It is advisable to keep this ratio lower than 3.5:1 is considered the optimal value. As you wife is just 34 years old the risk of having heart disease at this age in a menstruating female is very low due to the protective effects of hormones. So Don’t worry. Take care.

I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further doubt,I will be happy to help you.