Urine pregnancy test positive 6 days after intercourse. Concerned about the paternity?

Infertility Specialist
had sex on 29th dec with wife and her pregnancy urine test showed positive on 4th XXXXXXX i.e. on 6th day after sex is it possible. i doubt that this is not my child
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

It is not possible for urine pregnancy test to show positive result only after 6 days of intercourse.

1) Please try to recollect if you had sex even before that. The pregnancy could have occurred when you had sex before 29th december.

2) Pregnancy test may be false positive. Hence please get a serum beta hCG levels for accurate diagnosis and Transvaginal scan to know period of gestation.

Please have faith in your wife and get these tests done which will give you answers for your doubt.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.