Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine is clear and need to go quick sometimes. Tested for infections, diabetes and shows all clear. Suggest the cure?

General Surgeon
My urine is clear sometimes and them i need to go quick this can last for weeks or days on and off them for weeks it will be ok . i have been tested for infections and diabetes all clear i have had this for the last 5 years i am 46.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have to exclude pathology of prostate.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your question.

Presuming that you do not have any infections and diabetes, if I would have been your treating doctor, I would have advised you to go for an ultrasound abdomen to exclude any pathology in the prostate like benign hyperplasia of prostate which is not uncommon in your age group. If it comes out to be positive I would refer you to a Urologist, who in turn may advise you some medications to relieve your symptom, and may advise you for a surgery if need be.

Many times infection of the prostate is silent , and is manifested by such kind of symptoms. This can be confirmed or excluded by testing the prostatic fluid by doing a prostatic massage, and if positive, can be treated by appropriate antibiotic.

At the same time, I would suggest you to take enough liquids in your diet, and also not to hold the urine for a longer time once you get the urge to pass urine.

I hope I have answered your query. However, in case of any further doubts, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for choosing the XXXXXXX forum for clearing your health query. Good luck. Dr shareef.