Urine dribbles after bath and defecation. Why is the stream weak?

Dear Doctor
After passing Urine Completely particularly during Taking bath and during defecation,Urine dribbles Out again Always,Some times Urine Stream is Weak,My Age is 41 years,I do not have any other health problem
Kindly Advise.

Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 11 hours later
Thanks for your query

You have mentioned a post-urination dribbling and occasional weak stream which maybe suggestive of some obstruction to the urinary flow.
Does your stream improve in quality if you strain to pass urine? Do you have wetness on your underclothes at all times?
You will need to get a few tests done including an ultrasound of KUB( Kidney, Ureter, Bladder) with residual urine, uroflowmetry and a routine urine examination.

The treatment will depend on the diagnosis based on the above-mentioned tests.

I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries that you may have.

Dr Vineet Malhotra