Urine dipstick analysis showed slight color change for protein reading. What does this mean?

Hi I did a dip stick reading of my urine. On the blood my result was 10 Trace. * Sp. -Siemens Multistix 5. Can you please tell me if this is a problem.

MY PROTIEN reading also showed a very slight colour change around the edge which boarded on
Trace. * Sp.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 12 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
Together they mean possible urinary tract infection.
The next step would be to check urine deposit for microscopy to look for wbc and rbc.
If they are present (wbc and rbc more than 5), urine culture test is needed to confirm UTI.
THE REPORT WILL guide on the correct choice of antibiotic.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Follow-up: Urine dipstick analysis showed slight color change for protein reading. What does this mean? 26 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 23 minutes later