Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine analysis shows pus. What does it mean?

I just took a Physical exam in Dubai and i received a notice that I need to see my physician due to a urinalysis result of 40-50 pus???
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
A consult has been recommended as your urine analysis shows pus cells. This is a sign of a like to know the following;
a. Do you have any burning sensation while passing urine? Do you need to use the rest room again and again?
b. Have you been screened for diabetes?
c. Have you had any unprotected sexual intercourse?
d. Do you have any history of kidney stones? Any kind of severe pain in the lower back or abdomen which travels down?
Post this test, a urine culture and sensitivity is required so that the appropriate antibiotic can be prescribed.
In the mean time you may take plenty of fluids and cranberry juice to flush your urinary system.

It should not be a big problem.

Waiting for your reply to the above questions.