Urine WBC high. What does it mean?

General Surgeon
WHats it mean if my lab work showed my urine WBC to be high 20-40
My urine rbc to be 1-5 H
Ph urine 5.0
Blood in urine E then says HiGH 25+
Bacteria + High
Urine a leukocyte Esterase
100/ul + High
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 42 minutes later

Thank for your query.

This decidedly means that you have urine bladder or other symptoms of this condition are lower abdominal pain and back pain (if kidney is inflammated), burning when urinating, frequent urinating especially during night, etc. Fever and nausea can be associated as well.

The main cause of urinary tract infection in your age is a sexual activity (up to 90%). Moreover, women urethra is short and close to anus what makes them prone to such infections. Such infection may be also caused by diabetes.

According to your previous urinating problems, it seems that your urinary tract infections are prone to recur. As you have POCS what can be associated with diabetes, it is advisable for you to have the blood sugar level checked.

In treatment of this condition antibiotics should be prescribed by your doctor.

As the prevention of urinary tract infection you should drink more water (to allow urine to leach bacteria), urinate after intercourse, watch carefully about your personal hygiene, and wear airy underwear. Cranberry juice is a very good in decreasing the incidence of such infections.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.