Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine Test report showed Leukocytes. Whether I have some infection in urine or kidney?

I have Urine Test report. It says : Leukocytes (Pus cells) 8 TO 10/HPF. Whether I have some infection in urine/ kidney?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 59 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your concern.

I have seen your urine analysis report; it shows pus cells (WBC) 8-10/HPF which generally indicates presence of good that your ultrasonography is normal and there is no obstruction.

Do you have urinary symptoms like burning while passing urine, frequency, especially in night and/or fever?

You need to get a urine culture and sensitivity test and urinary specific antibiotics (Fluoroquinolone) empirically till culture report comes. For this, consult a Physician and get the proper prescription.

In the meantime, take plenty of fluids, cranberry juice and water to keep urinary tract flushed.
Hope this will help you. If you have any doubt, please feel free to ask me. I will be happy to help you.

With best Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.