Ask a Urologist   »  

Urination,tiny black specks in urine

What is the likely cause of finding a very tiny black speck in the morning urine?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 48 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Black specks in urine can be indicative of Kidney disorders and can be due to presence of stones, infection or inflammation in the urinary tract as ureter.

If there are other symptoms such as fever, back pain present along then possibility if infection is likely.

Sometimes conditions as Arthritis can also present with black particles in urine but this is to be corelated with all other symptoms.

I will advise you to get a Urine test done which will help in ruling out the exact cause.
Meanwhile drink lots of water. Restrict smoking,alcohol and caffeinated drinks.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.