Ask a Urologist   »  

Urination, burning, UTI, cital syrup, restyl tablets, pain on left side, infection in bladder

Question
Hello Doctor,
I m 30 yrs old & am facing urine issue. Whenever I urinate it burns for a long time and I feel like urinating again.
I went to a urologist who got multiple test done including blood test for PSA, sugar and other blood contents. He also got regular urine test and Sonography of Kidneys etc done. All the reports were fine. He said it looks to be recommended Norflox 400mg 2 a day for 2 weeks and Cital Syrup. Things looked fine till I was having medicines but after stopping medicines it started again. Then he said that its only psycological and recommended to have more water and Tab Restyl 0.25 mg 1/2 at night. I took it but I felt dizeness and stopped taking it.
I consulted other doctor who recommended clavomil 625 & tab Resif 200. But again it was fine till tablets continued and now I have same problem again. I am even scared of drinking water or going anywhere thinking I would get the same problem of urine again. Sometimes I get slight pain in the stomach on the left side. Pls please help.
Thanks & Regards,
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi there,thanks for posting query.

You seems to quite disturbed with the obvious reason.You had undergone all the possible basic test required in this condition.Your urologist has guide you properly and treatment given is also fine.

There are couple of possibilities in your case.

1.The urine that you are passing is acidic in nature so it leads to burning while passing and after that also.The cital syrup given to you is meant for this only.Drink plenty of fluids,avoid taking acidic liquids like citrus juice and juices.

2.The another likely possibility is of cystitis(infection of urinary bladder).In such cases a long course of antibiotics sometimes up to 6-8 weeks is needed.This can be diagnosed by cystoscopy(endoscoy of urinary bladder).

3.The third possibility is of stone disease.Some times very small stones can not be diagnosed by ultrasound and can be missed easily on X-ray.This not very likely as you are not having much of a pain.

Please visit your urologist again and discuss with him with the above. He will guide you properly. Cystitis is considered as first diagnosis many a time as this is not common, yet not uncommon also.

Please do not keep changing doctor, because when you goes to a doctor for the first time he thinks afresh and you may be subject to investigation again.

Take light diet and avoid heavy meals.

I hope this will help you,still if you have something more to ask,I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Urination, burning, UTI, cital syrup, restyl tablets, pain on left side, infection in bladder 22 hours later
Thank you for your reply Doctor. Can you recommend any good antibiotic, I am really very skeptic about going to doctor..coz he said its only psychological. Also how many times should I drink Cital syrup and for how long. I take one spoon of Cital syrup in one glass of water, is that the correct way. I can take it only twice coz I have to go to office. The pain I have in stomach is very low and is not continuous. I drink about one litre water everyday but I am scared to drink water as I feel I would have to go to bathroom often if I drink more water.

Good to hear from you again.

It is advisable to see your doctor again.You should not shy away from him,as at the end of the day he is the person who is going to treat you.There is no urgency as such.You can take time and visit him later.

It is not possible to prescribe antibiotic without seeing the patient in person.And for your convenience it is always better to get prescription from your doctor.

Cital Syrup needs to be taken 10ml in one full glass of water 2-3 times in a day.Drink more fluids through the day,do not worry about burning. As you said stomach pain in not bother some so you can ignore it at present.

If you still something more to know, please write again.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I told you I first consulted urologist the reason I stopped visiting urologist is because:
He told me its only psychological and then prescribed Restyl which my family doctor said was for sleep and I started feeling diziness and was on bed for 2 days under treatment of my family doctor.(Urologist initially prescripted Norflox 400mg 2 a day for 2 weeks and Cital Syrup which helped me but he told to take it only for 2 weeks)
Then I started treatment of my family doctor who prescribed clavomil 625 & tab Resif 200 for one week, it again helped me a lot but it was only till the time I took this medicine and after that it was same again. After that he gave me his own medicine (which I dont know names of ) but it did not helped. I took it for 2 weeks but no good, so I stopped it. Hence I would please request you to prescribe some antibiotic, if that does not help then I would again speak to my family doctor.
Or should I take one of the above medicines prescribed by urologist or my physican (which ever is better). The reason I m pushing so much is because everyday passing by is difficult for me. Thanks a lot. You are a wonderful doctor. Thanks for your time.

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later
Hello, Good to hear from you again.

Antibiotic can not be prescribed until there is definite evidence of infection.You have already taken antibiotics twice.Unnecessary antibiotic off and on can again lead to new set of problems.

The best option is continue with cital liquid,it will definitely give you relief. Restyl is an anti anxiety drug and not for sleep. It removes unnecessary apprehension and anxiety from your mind.You can take it for few days. Prolonged use in your case is not recommended.

Please do not repeat the antibiotics taken earlier.

I hope you have got my point now.Bye and take care.