Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinating pus, no urine, yellowish and thick, strong smell. Should Amoxicillin be taken?

my mother in law is bed ridden and she is now urinating pus. just pus no urine at all, the color is XXXXXXX and yellowish with the thick consistency. I need to know what I should do since it is Sunday. Also she has some amoxenicillin should she start taking it until we can get her to her Doctor she also has bactrim also urine has a strong smell
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 26 minutes later

You mother has Urinary Tract Infection. XXXXXXX Pus means, there could a possibility of Infection involving urinary bladder or higher up.

Ideally, she will need a urine culture and Ultrasound abdomen. Since you have mentioned that, being Sunday it might be difficult to access hospital. I would recommend that she can take either of the tablets for the time being. Bactrim is preferable.

Make sure to see your doctor the first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran