Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinating frequently, white discharge. Normal?

Hi Doctor,

I am 25 year old girl. I keep dinking lots of water say about 2 litres everyday.
I pee almost once in 2 hrs sometimes once in an hour.I feel bladder is full and need to pee.
During night I dont pee usually.Once in a while I do get up in the night.I make sure before sleeping I empty my bladder and sleep.
I dont see many ppl going to the loo so frequently.
Is this normal? How many times a day peeing is normal?

Secondly I always have white discharge from my vagaina almost everyday from past few months.Is this normal? I have heard that this discharge makes our body weak. Why does this happen ?how to overcome or stop this.

Request you to clarify my doubts and give necessary remedies if needed.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
You most probably have what is called OVER ACTIVE BLADDER.
This is nothing but the bladder wants to empty sooner than usual.
This affects females more commonly than men.
Once infection / bladder stone are ruled out by urine test and scan of the bladder, a course of anti-cholinergics will help to get rid of the problem. The course may vary from 3 to 6 months.
Kindly consult a urologist for the same.
Reg the white discharge, if it is white and minimal it is ok, if it is yellow associated with back pain or fever, a consult with a gynecologist is advisable.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts that u may have---
Follow-up: Urinating frequently, white discharge. Normal? 16 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your advice. However I would like to know if OVER ACTIVE BLADDER leads to any further complications.Is this harmful? Should this be cured by taking any treatment or can I just leave it for now. As of now I XXXXXXX have any problem with it such as infection fever or anything.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 35 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.
Overactive bladder treatment is only for your comfort and it not a serious infection or cancer.
Also it does lead to any of them.
If u can manage without medications, thats fine.
Make sure u have access to the toilet if needed, otherwise there is nothing to worry.
If any new symptoms like fever, burning during urination, blood in urine occur, then u need further evaluation.
Hope things are clear now.

Follow-up: Urinating frequently, white discharge. Normal? 21 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

In your reply you have told "Also it does lead to any of them XXXXXXX What did you mean by this. It leads to what?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 15 minutes later

Sorry, i apologize for the mistake at editing.
OAB does NOT lead to any serious illness (like cancer).
I hope now you have some peace of mind.
Sorry once again and wishing u all the best in life,

Follow-up: Urinating frequently, white discharge. Normal? 8 minutes later

Thats fine I guessed it but still i wanted to confirm that from me and get things clarified.
I got really worried.
Follow-up: Urinating frequently, white discharge. Normal? 3 minutes later
Hi Doctor ,

Regarding this vagainal discharge.Its white and little thick its like it hangs when I pee and finally drops down.Hope you understood what I meant.
So as you said I am assuming this is normal.Am I right.

Secretions to some extent is acceptable, its for lubrication.
But if it is excessive, yellow coloured with pelvic pan or fever needs further evaluaton.

Wshing u good health.