Urinating frequently and feeling tired with headache. Are these symptoms of diabetes?
User rating for this question
Hi I am 43 slightly over weight and don't exercise regularly. Recently have started to urinate more frequently especially after drinking fluids. I also sleep poorly and wake up feeling tired with headaches and sore dry eyes. I was wondering if these could be symptoms of Diabetes. I also work shift work.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms of diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Above 40 years of age, overweight, lack of exercise and frequent urination. The symptoms might be secondary to diabetes. If not, you are a very likely candidate to develop type 2 diabetes. I my opinion you need to undergo screening for diabetes at the earliest. Consult your doctor and request for blood test for diabetes like Fasting blood sugar(done after 8 hrs of fasting) and Postprandial blood sugar(2 hrs after meal). FBS more than 126 mg/dl and PPBS more than 200 mg/dl is diagnostic of diabetes. Hba1c of more than 5.7 % is diabetes. If diabetes is confirmed then diet, exercise, weight loss and medications with help control the blood sugar and reduce the symptoms of frequent urination. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards
People also viewed
- Post coital bleeding pregnancy
- Symptoms of diabetes intermittent headache
- Are presence of ketones in the urine symptoms of diabetes?
- Popping feeling in stomach during pregnancy
- Diabetes symptoms pre diabetes
- Blood sugar 192 is that high
- Popsicles good for sore throat
- Headaches nausea diabetes symptoms
- Random glucose test was 187
- Is 187 high glucose reading
- Positive effects of lowering the drinking age
- Symptom frequently very thirsty but not diabetic
- Places that sell plan b
- 185 lbs glucose level
- Sugar level 183 in morning