Urinating continuously with larger volume. Could it be diabetes insupidus ?

I'm urinating continuously and a lot of pee comes out. I drink water and after 10 minutes I urinate that diabetes insipidus? what must I do?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later

The next step at this stage is testing.

Maintain water input and urine output chart.
Send the urine for lab to determine the urine osmolality. Also 24 hour urine collection for output.
In addition there are other investigations that play like serum osmolality, serum electrolytes, glucose and calcium.
A per rectal examination for enlarged prostate and Ultrasound abdomen.

A combination of CT scan brain, Water deprivation test, Serum TSH, AVP test comes later once the first things raise the suspicion of Diabetes Insupidus.

There are different possibilities to be considered at this age for the symptoms described above. Diabetes Insupidus, Prostate enlargement, bladder overactivity, Diabetes mellitus.

Please let your doctor take care of the testing recommended here.