Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinary tract infection, sleeplessness, stressed. Advise and treatment?

i think i have uti and not sleeping. and get stressed out and unemployed
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 15 hours later

I would be in a better position to address your concern if you can define your problem. Please specify the symptoms that you have, once I have all the details I will be able to relate them better and help you better.

However as you feel that you are suffering from like you to start yourself on cranberry juice and take plenty of fluids. It shall give you partial relief of symptoms.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Follow-up: Urinary tract infection, sleeplessness, stressed. Advise and treatment? 5 hours later
hi doctor:
i think this is what you're asking me :
this all started when i got unemployed witch started in septermber
for my sleeping issues , when i get stressed out, when i worry too much i don't sleep.
how do i control my stressed level or my excited-es that i get
and all so i will get cranberry juice but how is that going to stop uti

if need more info let me know
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
It seems that you are suffering from an anxiety disorder which is leading to the lack of sleep. This could have been precipitated by the unemployment. XXXXXXX breathing exercises and yoga would help you relieve anxiety. However, if you do not get relief, see your general physician who can prescribe some anti-anxiety drugs.
I would like to know if you have any symptoms like frequency of urination ( which means you need to go the bathroom multiple times), burning micturition , haematuria ( blood in the urine) or nocturia ( getting up in the night to use the bathroom)
Cranberry juice will not stop the urinary tract infection on its own. But it is a useful adjunct for the treatment of this condition.
Awaiting your reply
Follow-up: Urinary tract infection, sleeplessness, stressed. Advise and treatment? 9 hours later
I do have go multiplies but no blood

i all so get a lot of head aces. and it only on my left side of my head and it can go longer then two days. is there a reason why this happens
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later

All the features suggest that you are suffering from acute anxiety secondary to loss of job. You need to practice yoga and meditation as advised before. In addition, you should see psychiatrist for treatment.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.