Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinary track blocked. Colonoscopy and a endoscopy done. Looking for suggestion

General Surgeon
Question
I had a colonoscopy and a endoscopy this morning, not I can't urinate
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

According to your enlarged prostate such problems can happen especially after colonoscopy which can make your prostate get a little swelled. This can make urinary tract get blocked. So if you cannot urinate it is advisable to go to ER right away as this can result with renal failure.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Urinary track blocked. Colonoscopy and a endoscopy done. Looking for suggestion 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply. I'm urinating, but not as free flowing as usual for someone of my age and such. Will this swelling subside in due time? I would like to avoid ER if possible. My dad said that I am depleted and I should drink more H2O and rehydrate myself.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

So if you are urinating, this is a good news. Such swelling should go away in couple a days. Drink more water is a very good idea, as long as you can urinate (the main danger is when you will stop urinating and the urine will accumulate in urinary bladder what can lead to renal failure). So in conclusion, wait couple a days and drink more water. If you start urinating as before its ok, if not, you should visit urologist.

Regards.

Follow-up: Urinary track blocked. Colonoscopy and a endoscopy done. Looking for suggestion 6 hours later
Thank you for your reply. Everything seems to be falling back in order Dr. Stanko. Thanks for your advice.

Hello!

You are welcome.

Good health for you.

Regards.