Urinary retention, catheter inserted. Can I masturbate with the catheter in?

I suffered from urinary retention so they inserted a catheter about 10 days ago. I'm used to masturbate almost daily and at the moment I'm getting a lot of erections and need to relief myself. Can I masturbate with the catheter in?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

Masturbating, while you have an indwelling catheter in situ, will not harm but ejaculation may be retrograde (back into the bladder). Hence not advised.

I advice to resist any urge to masturbate. You can set your mind not to creep in any thoughts which cause such intentions. Take few XXXXXXX breaths and divert your mind by alternate sense like pinching etc.

The masturbation and resulting ejaculation will irritate the urethra and if done vigorously it could injure the bladder or sphincter muscles or nerves.

The catheter should be out in a day or two and it may be better to wait.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.