Urinanalysis showed traces of blood. Getting over anal fissures, hemorrhoids and yeast infection. Can they contaminate the test?

I am a 58 yr old female with a history of light smoking on and off for years. For at least the last 12 years my urinalysis had shown a trace of blood to Large? Everything else is negative or fine except my RBC was 5-10. I am just getting over anal fissures and hemroids plus a yeast infection. Could any of these contaminated the test? What do the above numbers mean and should I see a urologist. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later

It is possible that urine sample could have been contaminated if there is active bleeding while collecting the specimen, as these organs are not too far away.
At this age, with smoking history and blood in urine, unfortunately cancer in the urinary tract has to be looked for. If this is ruled out, others are not serious.
There is a protocol for hematuria evaluation(blood in urine), that is doing urine cytology, ultrasound scan and cystoscopy and biopsy if necessary.
Kindly XXXXXXX a urologist as soon as possible.
Other than cancer, stones, infection also can cause blood in urine.

Hope i answered ur query. Take care,

Dr G Srinivasan, urologist