Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinalysis test, Hcast micro exam, blood cell exam, protein exam, urine infection. Treatment ?

I have applied for life insurance and had to take a urinalysis test. I have gotten the results and am concerned. The results were
Hcast Micro Exam 600 0 - 40
Red Blood Cell Micro Exam 3 0 /HPF - 4 /HPF
White Blood Cell Micro Exam 5 0 /HPF - 9 /HPF
Protein 32 0 - 30

What does this mean and should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later

You seem to have some infection in your urine.

There is some red blood cells and while blood cells in the urine sample tested. I can think of 2 possibilities here:
1. It could be an infection
2. Renal stones.

We need some clinical history to rule out amongst the 2 causes. You may also need a few more test such as urine culture, X XXXXXXX KUB, urine culture, renal function tests and so on.

I encourage you to consult a gynecologist for physical examination and evaluation.

Both the conditions are self limiting illness. Do not worry. Drinking plenty of water might benefit you.

Wish you good health