Ask a Urologist   »  

Urinalysis showing amber urine colour. Should I be worried about the findings?

Apr 2014

I just got blood work back from a urinalysis that showed my urine color was XXXXXXX WBC was 6-10 and mywbc eat esterase was 1+ abnormal. I am male age 49. What does his mean. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from urinary tract infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from urinary tract infection. This is indicated by presence of WBC in urine and positive result of WBC esterase. Normally urine doesn't contain WBC and WBC esterase test detects presence of esterase which is released from WBC in response to infection.This confirms infection. You need proper antibiotics for infection. Urine culture and sensitivity should be done for deciding proper antibiotics. Ultrasound of KUB region should also be done. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX