Urge to urinate frequently but yields little. Why is there constant pain in abdomen?

I feel like peeing but can't... or only a little comes out. I have constant pain in the abdonimal area as if I'm trying to hold from not peeing. This just started yesterday but has kept me awake almost all night with frequent visits to the bathroom.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

From the symptoms that you are having it seems that you are having some problem with urinary system-either infection any where in urinary tract or stone disease.

What is advisable is visit to a doctor. You need urine examination and ultrasound of lower abdomen to have a proper diagnosis after your doctor’s advice.

In mean time,

Do not drink too much of liquids, it will add to the problem.
Take analgesic like Tylenol, it will give some relief
Take light diet
You can also take urine alkalizer if available without prescription.This needs to be mixed with water and to be taken twice or thrice daily. It will definitely give relief from burning though it can not cure the aliment.

Depending upon the diagnosis your doctor will advice further treatment.

Please visit your primary care physician/ER.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.