Urge to have bowel movement, sense of incomplete evacuation. No blood. How should I deal with it?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi i am suffering from an unusual disorder of going for toilet 3-4 times in the morning...still i have this sense of incomplete is quite should i deal with it? I am a vegetarian and never eat out. I am suffering from this problem since almost an year now

Even in the mornings if i do not take a cup of hit tea..i would not get this urge of going to toilet. Everytime i eat i have this sensation as if my stomach is full. I keep a track of my body weight which has remained constant at 67 kgs. Also i do not get any blood in my stools. The time i am spending in the loo is unusually long times even an hour. It is ruining the quality of my life..pls help
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

The information you have provided is pointing to constipation & collitis

The basic is to avoid junk and fermented meals

Take plenty of fluids and add lot of fiber to your diet

Add a probiotic twice a day and a GI antibiotic twice a day for seven to ten days

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Follow-up: Urge to have bowel movement, sense of incomplete evacuation. No blood. How should I deal with it? 10 hours later
Dear Dr. Kukreja,
Thanks for your reply.
I have a very strict diet regime. I always have vegetarian food and that too cooked at home.
I went through the symptoms of colitis but I could not see many of them matching with those of mine. For ex i do not have abdomen pain, neither do i experience fever or chills. As far as constipation is concerned it has been there since my childhood. As a matter of fact i feel it is the slow motion of the stool within the digestive tract which eventually empty out but ofcourse it takes a lot of time and some amount of stimulant ( tea in my case ). A survey on the net is hinting towards IBS. can it be so? What can be done to increase the motility of the colon. i mean to say some therapy/medication to increase the speed at which the motion passes out.
Would be awaiting your reply.

Few clarifications :

It is not very easy stamping IBS as it is a psychosomatic disorder
Unless we have a one is to one counselling we do not stamp it

Secondly all data on the net is not authentic , it all depends on which indexed website have you gone through

In any case : Take probiotic will help in both Collitis & IBS
Contamination can occur from water and other liquids

Slow transit constipation needs management with Lubiprostone and prokiinetics

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get well soon