Urge for bowel movement after eating, fatigue. Diagnosed with fatty liver. Overweight. Suggestions?

Why Do I Feel Extremely Fatigued When I Have Gas , after eating Or Feel The Need To Have A Bowl Movement... I feel that I'm going to pass out but never do. My legs feel as if they can't hold my weight and feel like their gonna buckle .. I feel really weak all over my body and get really light headed :( my stool doesn't look or smell right . My doctor told me I had a fatty liver. She said I either drink to much or it's cause I'm overweight but I don't drink at all and yes I'm over weight but I asked her what should I do and she said eat healthier so I have been for a couple months now and it's only getting worse :( what do I do ??
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

From what you describe, I think we need to rule out four possibilities. These include:

1)     Diabetes mellitus

2)     Hypothyroidism

3)     Vitamin D deficiency

4)     Vitamin B12 deficiency

In view of these symptoms and these possibilities, you should get your blood sugar levels (fasting as well as post prandial), thyroid hormone status, vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 levels done. Your physician can streamline the tests to you. I encourage you to discuss with your physician and undergo the test.

Till then, stay away from spices, strong tea or coffee, sauces, condiments, alcohol, tobacco, cakes, pastries, tinned items and aerated drinks. Also don’t skip breakfast and take all the meals on time. Try to have dinner two hours before going to bed.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wish you good health.