Ask a Urologist   »  

Urethra looks big and swollen. Cure?

May 2013
My pee hole is looking very big and swollen what could it be... I am a female
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The possible causes are:
Urinary tract infection like urethritis, cystitis, urinary rack obstructions can present like this.
Sometimes vaginal infection can also spread to urethra and can cause these type of reactions.
If there is any recent intercourse, abrasions over the urethra can cause picture like that.
Rarely if there is any recent urinary bladder catheterisation, that can also present like this.
If you are having symptoms like pain and burning etc. at the urethral region or during micturition better to consult gynecologist, get examined and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.