Upset, taking levoxyl, cytomel.Wake up exhausted, Dr gave testosterone. Weight gain, breast enlarged, raised blood sugar. Solution ?

Hi! I am really upset,was taking levoxyl 25 and cytomel 5, faalling asleep everynight after dinner at 6pm til 8:30 wake up exhauseted. Even if I take another cytomel 5 at 5pm it still happens, then I crave sugar and am hungry all night. In addition I have gained 14 lbs cant lose weight no matter what I do. Endo put me on testoterone 2.5 g androgel a day. Just got labs so while on it my estrogen went fro <50 before androgel to 181 off the chart, estradiol up also high normal, testoterone went from 332 before andreogel to 257 after. I do not know what to do, I have breast enlargement now, I have a bph and taake urxatral 10mg, testoterone irritates my prostate too. I want to say one time before my family md tried androgel a year ago and testoterone went from 310 before andgrogel to 241. I am in need of advice please. I cant afford to have more breast enlarge, weight and yes while on androgel this 6 weeks my blood sugar went from 99 before to 123.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 4 hours later

Cytomel is used for treating an underactive thyroid and various types of goiters. An increased appetite, insomnia (sleeplessness) along with weight loss is the side effects. This explains your hunger pangs.

Even with Levoxyl the side effects will be insomnia, hair loss, and difficulty in breathing.
Both these medications do not cause excessive sleep. They also do not cause weight gain.

Androgel is a hormonal replacement medication used to help men with low levels of testosterone. Androgel produces hormonal changes; it can lead to breast swelling or tenderness, acne, sexual dysfunction (too low or too high sex drive) and depression.

Androgel contains androgenic hormone or testosterone which really does become excess estrogen (in addition to Dihydrotestosterone) creating damage to a number of males. So this explains your high estrogen levels.

But you could also utilize Dihydrotestosterone carbamide peroxide gel such as Andractim after consulting your Physician. DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is better than androgen hormone. Another advantage Andractim provides more than Androgel in the fact that Dihydrotestosterone will not increase oestrogen levels in blood.

Androgel does increase your weight but it does not interfere with your blood sugar levels, in fact it lowers it. Regarding the irritation of the prostate gland, if you already have enlargement of your prostate gland, your signs and symptoms can get worse while using AndroGel.

So it is better to discuss with your Physician regarding the possible effects of this drug.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Follow-up: Upset, taking levoxyl, cytomel.Wake up exhausted, Dr gave testosterone. Weight gain, breast enlarged, raised blood sugar. Solution ? 8 hours later
just a couple further questions from what you said, what does andractrim do, and what specifically can i do to lower estrogen, for example would just not using androgel help, and is there anything I can take to lower my estrogen level. thank you.
Answered by Dr. Radhika 17 hours later

Andractim DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) gel is a topical application of the hormone DHT. DHT is a powerful derivative of Testosterone.

Common use for Andractim is to stimulate the libido and to treat the condition of Gynecomastia (male breasts).

Basically due to hormone imbalance, steroid use or other causes like Androgel the male chest grows feminine like breast tissue. This can be fatty growth or a hard fibrous lump that may be painful.

Andractim can reverse this condition and eliminate it.

DHT is an antagonist to Estrogen which is the main reason for the development of Gynecomastia. So you could use this to reverse the condition, you will need to discuss this with your treating physician regarding this.

The anti-estrogen group of drugs used to lower estrogen levels are Toremifene, Clomifene, Mepitiostane ,Nafoxidine, Fulvestrant. You could discuss this possibility with your physician.

Androgel contains androgenic hormone or testosterone which really does become excess estrogen, creating damage. This is increasing your high estrogen levels. Yes, stopping this will help you. So you will need to discuss this with your physician.

Hope I have answered your query.