Upper stomach pain, suggestion for gastric and colon cleansing

Am XXXXXXX aged 26, normal ht and wt,
am married for 2 yrs and in plannin for pregnancy.
for last 2 days am suffering from upper stomach pain.

Also please suggest for gastric and stomach , colon cleansing.

please advise
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     26 year old female
•     Complaints of: Acute abdominal pain

It is difficult to say about cause of abdominal pain without examination and investigation.
But to help you I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Acidity: it is the most common cause of upper abdominal pain
•     Dyspepsia and indigestion
•     Dysmenorrhoea if it is associated with menstrual cycle and can present as upper abdominal pain
•     Several other uncommon causes

So general physician will help you in treatment after examination and investigation. For time being you can use antacid like rantac 150 mg two times a day, which is available over the counter without prescription.

For intestinal cleaning (constipation) you can use papaya, XXXXXXX fibre diet and isabgol.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Upper stomach pain, suggestion for gastric and colon cleansing 20 hours later
Thanks Dr,

can i use Isabgol, since am planning for pregnancy, wer can i get that hope its not available in normal medicl shop,

and also provide when to take and how to take,
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 14 minutes later
Hello again,

Isabgol is easily available on medical shop. If you are not pregnant then you can use it. When you are pregnant, it is better to use dietary modification (although Isabgol is safe in pregnancy too) as advised in last reply.

Regarding use: It is very simple to use. It may vary slightly with brand. So you can use it after reading instruction on pack.

Consult your physician if your symptoms does not relieve with above said measures. You may need physical examination and further investigations depending on findings of examination.

Hope, this answers your query. Wish you good health.