Upper quad pain, bulging mass, occurs after sneezing and abdominal crunches

I am experiencing right upper quad pain and buldging mass that i had to stand and push on to resolve. It took a while to resolve, but resolving the pain radiated to the left side of my abd. Throughout the day it felt like it would pop out again. This episode occured after sneezing, but has occured with abdominal crunches. I was always able to message it away , but this time I had to pull over and get out of my car. Slight ache persist
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

I think you need to see your doctor.

There could be various possibilities for this kind of bulging; the commonest one is any form of hernia.

Many a times, due to any reason when the muscle of abdomen becomes weak, the intestine tries to protrude through that weak part resulting in to bulging that you see, when you push it goes in side.

This can happen after some surgery also; in such case you see a bulge inside or near the scar.

From your description it seems that the size is also big.

Please do not ignore this and visit your doctor. After examination you may be advised some investigations like ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.

In mean time:

Do not lift weight
Do not do strenuous work
Take light diet
Avoid cough, cold

I hope this helps.