Upper lip became purple and splotchy. What could be causing this?

My upper lip became suddenly purple and splotchy earlier today. I was working in a kitchen at the time, and I thought at first it might be some black grease or something that got on my hand and accidently ended up on my mouth when I rubbed my face. It looked like a stain. It has since faded, but is still there a bit. I have scrubbed, and now it appears to be under the skin. It is on the actual lip part. I have no allergies, but at the time I was working with bleach. I have a history of abusing prescription stimulants, but I no longer do that. However, I do take a lot of medication.... I am kind of nervous about it. I heard that it could be liver disease, kidney failure, or cancer. It just appeared so suddenly, and so accutely. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Such a sudden appearance of discoloration could be due to bleeding into the layers of the skin specially in the area involving and around the lip as it is a highly vascular area, this is seen in many conditions , finding the cause of which needs a detailed study into the condition by examining all other systems.

I would be more specific in my opinion if you can attach an image of the lesion here.

Waiting for the image,
Follow-up: Upper lip became purple and splotchy. What could be causing this? 1 hour later
I have taken some pictures... However, I am not sure how to send them to you. Is there a way that I can send it through the WWW.WWWW.WW website?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

Thanks for the images,

The discoloration you have in the lips appear to be due to inflammatory infiltrate coupled with leakage of blood cells into the lip mucous.

Such lesions can be seen due to minor allergies specially to food articles which are not serious and will need no specific treatment other than mild anti-histaminics.

If the recovery is slow then it can be fastened by taking a dose of Tab Benadryl specially in the night after food.

If this happens frequently then you may need to get the blood tests like Complete blood count and Absolute eosinophil count to identify the underlying cause.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.