Upper and lower blepharoplasty done. Have crusty eye. Is this normal?

I had upper and lower blepharoplasty 30 days ago. My eyes still don't completely shut and they are crusty in the morning. Also one eye is more open than the other. Is that normal after 30 days?
Thank you
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
I would have been happier with a forward gaze photograph as that would have been more informative regarding aperture size.
You can add anti biotic eye drops as well followed by lubricating eye drops.
In cases of blepharoplasty at times the size of palpebral aperture may vary.The basic condition for which this procedure was done,as that condition improves this procedure can then be reversed.
If the eyes can shut completely,then palpebral aperture is to be made much smaller and that may not look cosmetically very appealing
Continue withe medication and do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Upper and lower blepharoplasty done. Have crusty eye. Is this normal? 1 hour later
Thank you for your answer, but I still did not understand if my problem will improve in time, or if it should have been resolved by now? Is my problem within the limits for 30 days post op?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 6 hours later
Thanks for getting back to us.
This depends upon the basic problem,why the blepharoplasty was done.Usually if the basic illness is taking more time to resolve only then the procedure is done.
The procedure is a sight saving one otherwise exposure of cornea will lead to ulceration and loss of vision.
The situation may take weeks and months to resolve.