Unusual mouth movements and essential tremors. How to overcome this?

A relative has very recently developed an unusual mouth movement (when quiet, not when talking) . It looks like he is chewing with his mouth closed, and every few seconds he sticks out his tongue slightly. He also has developed (over the last 2 years or so) what fits your description of "essential tremors" . I don't know if the 2 symptoms are related or not, but the mouth movements are new - and so strange. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that you relative may be having facial tics . Other possibility could be myokimia .

Essential tremors less likely . Parkinsons disease needs consideration . I think you should get a consultation for him by a neurologist because physical examination and classification of tremor is important in your case . After determination of cause treatment will be decided .

Dr. Shruti