Unusual milky discharge, itching vagina after intercourse, periods delayed. Are these signs that I could be pregnant?

Question
I had intercourse 3 days ago. I was supposed to start my period today and haven't. I notices unusual milky discharge and an itching of the vagina itself yesterday. Are these signs that I could be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Radhika 13 minutes later

You had intercourse 3 days ago, and you were supposed to start your periods today. Even if you conceived the signs of pregnancy will not be seen so early.

You will experience these symptoms at least 8 to 10 days from the day of ovulation. The signs will be nausea and vomiting, swollen breasts, fainting, heart burn, spotting, constipation.

Itching and milky discharge are more probable signs of fungal infection. It is better to get examined by a Gynecologist for this. Sometimes periods can be delayed due to stress too. To test for pregnancy you need to wait for 1 month and 1 week post your expected date of periods. If you want to get it terminated you can discuss with the Gynecologist for medication at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health.