Unsafe sex in past. Negative HIV tests done twice. Am i free from HIV infection?

Dear Doctor,
I had unsafe sex with a call girl one year ago. I took 2 HIV test at 2 months and 11 months after the date I had sex, with a result is NEGATIVE for both tests. I still very anxious and paranoid if I am free of HIV infection. Do I need HIV test again and when? is NEGATIVE test after 11 months conclusion?
Thank you Doctor thousand times. I am waiting for your answer so I can be peace in mind. Wright now I cannot do anything because I always think about this matter. Thank you Doctor again
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

HIV testing negative after 3 months of an unprotective exposure is conclusive and hence if you have tested negative after 11 Months., you need not worry about the same.

Follow-up: Unsafe sex in past. Negative HIV tests done twice. Am i free from HIV infection? 39 hours later
Dear Doctor,
Thank you Doctor for your answer. Somebody told me that some persons maybe have POSITIVE result within 10 years. What is that means? Do they want to say that some persons have to test again and again every years within 10 years?
This answer of Doctor is very important for me. It will clear all anxious and paranoid in my mind. Thank you Doctor very much and I waite for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 7 hours later
Once you test negative after 12 weeks there is very remote possibility that you are positive.
You have tested negative after 11 months which is absolutely confirmatory that you are free from viral infection.