Unprotected sex, withdrew and on birth control. Pregnancy likely? Why complaints of stomach discomfort?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi me and my girlfriend had sex without a condom for the first time about a week ago. I did not ejaculate inside of her I wasn't even close. She was about a week out of her period and she is also taking birth control. I would like to know what are the odds of her getting pregnant off of pre ejaculation? I didn't ejaculate to about 10mins after we did it. I am freaking out because she was complaining about her stomach. But she said she hasn't felt anything unusual. Can someone please help me
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later

Pre-ejaculatory (or pre-cum) fluid does have sperm in it but is a very, very minimal amount.

Technically speaking pre-ejaculate does not actually contain sperm in and of it, but can pick up leftover sperm from the man's urethra from previous ejaculations. The chances are extremely low that your girl friend will get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. Furthermore the fact that she is on birth control pills further reduces the risk to negligible. But, this does not mean there is no chance a woman can get pregnant from pre-ejaculate so never practice unprotected intercourse in future. Using a condom can also protect you from sexually transmitted infections.

So better be safe than sorry.

As of now it doesn't seem likely, but if she misses her period do get a urine pregnancy test done.
Nothing needs to be done now.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.