Unprotected sex, withdrawal method, last day of periods, on TriSprintec, missed pills. Okay to take Plan B emergency contraceptive ?

I have been on TriSprintec since Sunday (however, I missed the last 2 days and took them today.) Last night, I had unprotected sex, using the withdrawal method. It was also the last day of my period, which had started on September 19. Should I take Plan B? If I take Plan B today, can I continue to take the Tri Sprintec?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later

If you started the pill on day one of your cycle,you are reaosnably protected.But if you started the pill on day 5,then you need to use another form of protection for this cycle.You shouldnt take another hormonal contraceptive.Use a barrier method instaed eg.condom.Continue the tri sprintec as usual.If you are at risk,then taking plan b now will cause disruption in this cycle.
You will need to start the tri spintec as a fresh pack from the next cycle.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.