Unprotected sex, took Plan B, bleeding brown blood. Am I pregnant?

i had unprotected sex with my bf and the day after i bought plan B i only took 1 pill 5 days later im bleeding brown blood is it that im pregnant?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

Plan B should be taken as early as possible and not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex. It is not effective if taken 72 hours after unprotected sex. It is 95% effective within 24 hours of unprotected sex, 85% between 25 - 48 hours and 58% if taken between 49 - 72 hours.

Since you took the pill within 24 hours, the chances of your being pregnant are minimal.

Slight brownish bleeding after 5 days is a normal expected response due to mild hormonal disturbance that it causes. It may also delay your normal period by 7-10 days.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.